The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assesses the English language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is the main language. It is recognised by higher education providers, governments and employers all over the world.
I have many years experience teaching IELTS preparation, both privately and group classes for U.I.T, Australian Pacific College, and English Unlimited, with outstanding results; and I was also responsible for writing the IELTS teaching syllabus for English Unlimited / Australian Pacific College.
Whether you are an international student simply wanting to improve your General score in Writing or Reading, etc, or you wish to sit the Academic test and reach higher scores for employment or academic purposes, I have helped numerous international students achieve higher band scores for many years now.
IELTS tests the four skills of language learning. During my lessons you will develop skills in:
- Listening: note-taking, listening for specific information
- Speaking: expressing ideas and opinions, seeking clarification, pronunciation
- Reading: speed reading strategies, understanding graphs and charts, analysing IELTS specimen papers
- Writing: interpreting questions, organising content, grammatical accuracy, writing structure
During our initial lesson, I will assess your specific needs. If you have already sat the exam and wish to improve your score, we will look at these problem areas. On the other hand, if you are preparing to sit your IELTS exam for the first time, we will look at your specific goals and work towards them.
My lessons include:
- Official IELTS practice tests
- Weekly progress check
- IELTS support tools and materials
- Test tips
- Specific English support, including grammar, structure, listening strategies, and more
- Weekly homework assignments
- Online preparation tools
- Advice and results