- Do you need to improve your General or Academic English?
- Prepare for an important exam, such as IELTS or PTE?
- Do you have an academic paper, thesis or essay that needs proof reading or editing?
- Would you like to improve your English pronunciation, listening & communication skills?
- Are you a VCE student and preparing for your units?
I’m a passionate and qualified English Tutor, specialising in IELTS (General and Academic English) and curriculum-based English subjects. I have over 10 years experience developing effective oral, written communication, pronunciation and reading skills, including EAL students in Australia, Europe and the UK. I have also have taught in mixed classroom environments for several reputable language schools in Melbourne; including group Business English classes for a variety of corporate organisations.
I take great pride in my teaching abilities, and enjoy helping all kinds of students achieve their academic goals. I am well organised and driven, with the ability to create engaging, comprehensive lessons, while focusing on the individual needs of the student.
When I am not teaching English, I am a writer – therefore, English is my main focus and is an integral part of my daily life.
Some of my key-strengths include: enduring patience, tailored lesson plans, the ability to quickly discern my students’ needs, strong focus, diverse range of teaching methodologies, years of experience and excellent listening skills.
Some of the greatest obstacles for students to overcome is a lack of self-confidence and motivation. Quite often, students can feel overwhelmed and uninspired – wondering, how on earth can they finish their assignments or achieve their word count in time. I believe my role as a tutor is to also inspire my students, and remind them: English is liberating, and an art form unto itself. And therefore, a person’s English ability can not be fabricated; it takes a degree of hard work and motivation for both the student and the teacher. It is an academic relationship built on trust, knowledge and insight.
To quote Kofi Annan …“Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.”
- IELTS preparation for both General and Academic
- Primary and Secondary students (VCE exam prep and general study)
- Professional pronunciation training, including: listening, speaking, articulation, intonation and accent reduction
- Business & Cambridge English for corporate environments (one-on-one and group)
- ESL / EAL training in comprehension, grammar, reading and writing
- Essay writing, report writing, academic writing, persuasive & analysis writing
- Proof reading and editing of thesis and academic papers
- Narrative structure and creative writing
- Structured homework assignments and lesson plans to meet individual students needs
- Contract lesson plans with individuals and classes
- Tutoring ESL for international exchange students
I believe in intensive, supportive and needs-focused lesson plans to encourage confidence, structure and rapid improvement. It takes a degree of inspiration to learn something new, and so I create tailored and inclusive lesson plans, that are both enjoyable and of high curriculum standards. I enjoy watching the progress of my students develop over our lessons together, and I’m a firm believer in structured homework with weekly reviews – whilst incorporating TESOL teaching methods. I teach one-on-one and online lessons, and I am also available to teach group classes.
Contact me for a quote and start improving your English today!